Thursday May 5, 2016
| Text Size
Search IPPmedia
Badilisha Lugha KISWAHILI

Increased fine, reduced ban for Yanga players

6th April 2012
Former Police Commissioner Alfred Tibaigana

The Tanzania Football Federation’s disciplinary and reconciliation committee under chairmanship of former Police Commissioner Alfred Tibaigana, has reduced suspensions to Yanga players and increased fines resulting from pitch violence offence committed at the National Stadium on March 10.

Tibaigana’s committee has strongly denounced Young Africans leadership for not condemning the violence and instead it rushed to appeal for reduced sentences of its players.

The committee has expressed disappointment over the pitch violence by the Yanga players during their premiership match against Azam.

The committee met on April 4 in Dar es Salaam and worked out on the appeal lodged by Young Africans to protest against the rulings of the Mainland premier league committee on the suspensions and fines imposed to their players resulting from the pitch violence.

Yanga had submitted two appeals to the disciplinary and reconciliation committee, the first lodged on March 11 claiming an annulment of the match against Azam.

The second was submitted on March 14 with details that contradicted the first as the club protested the suspensions and fines imposed on the players during the match.

Before the appeals were discussed Yanga opted to withdraw the first appeal.

Yanga left back Stephano Mwasika, who was found guilty of punching referee Israel Mujuni, has been slapped a fine to the tune of two millions and suspended for the rest of the ongoing season.

Yanga have five matches to play. The player was initially banned for a year and fined one million shillings.

Two other players, including midfielder Nurdin Bakari and Omega Seme, have been suspended for three matches and pay one million shillings fine each.

The committee reduced a six-match suspension imposed on defender Nadir Haroub to three matches after picking up a straight red card during the chaos.

However, he is supposed to pay a fine of one million shillings and waived an additional three-match suspension as imposed by the premier league committee earlier based on chapter 25(c) of the rules and regulations governing the league.

Yanga’s substitute player during the match Jerryson Tegete has been reduced a six-month suspension to five matches and pay a fine to the tune of two million shillings.

Tibaigana’s committee upholded the club’s two 500,000/- valued fines imposed for crowd violence and conceding more than five warning cards as per section 32(1)and 25(1).

The committee said the suspensions and fines are effective the day the premier league committee had imposed.

Basing on that, players who have already served the suspensions will be free to play for the club subject to payment of the fines.

Tibaigana gave a verbal warning to the club officials to adhere to the suspensions and pay fines as otherwise an occurrence of similar offence in the future would result in more stringent disciplinary measures.

The Tibaigana committee declined to workout on Yanga’s much touted appeal to protest about three-point loss to Coastal Union as it was not tabled.

Yanga were docked the three points by the premier league committee earlier this week as a result of fielding suspended defender Haroub in a match against Costal Union which they had won by a lone goal last Saturday in Tanga.

Haroub played the match as club officials played down his suspension resulting from a straight red card during the match against Azam on March 10.

0 Comments | Be the first to comment


No articles