Tuesday May 3, 2016
| Text Size
Search IPPmedia
Badilisha Lugha KISWAHILI

Azam-Mtibwa duel ends prematurely

24th April 2012
  Simba title celebrations halted
Simba striker Emmanuel Okwi (L) battles for possession with Moro United player during Mainland premiership tie played at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam yesterday.

Premiership tie between Mtibwa Sugar and Azam ended prematurely at the Chamazi Stadium in Dar es Salaam yesterday with the scoreboard reading 1-1 in the 88th minute.

Mtibwa are alleged to have boycotted a penalty decision that brought the match into chaos for the referee to blow his final whistle.

Azam were supposed to win the match to keep their title dream alive as the Morogoro side had nothing to lose in the title chase.

The controversy has severely halted simba’s declaration for title haul as they need to wait for a decision to be made by the premier league committee.

Simba would have cruised into Mainland premiership soccer title after breezing past Moro United by 3-0 goals during their penultimate round match played at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam yesterday.

The title haul was halted pending a decision on Mtibwa Sugar and Azam match played at the Chamazi Stadium.

The victory powered Simba to hit 59-point mark as Azam can also realise the mark should they post victories in their remaining two matches on the fixture and the aborted tie.

Simba have a match to wind up the fixture against archrivals and dethroned champions Young Africans at the National Stadium on May 5.

Azam are left with 5o points and urgently need to win their next game against Toto Africa on April 29 to reach the 59-point ceiling.

Simba were leading by two goals up to the half time mark courtesy of eleventh minute penalty by Patrick Mafisango and Haruna Moshi after 34 minutes.

While Mafisango converted a penalty after Meshak Abel handed the ball inside the box, Moshi made full use of Uhuru Suleiman’s cross to increase the scoring tally.

Simba’s substitute Felix Sunzu was in target for the champions eleven minutes to time to seal off the victory for the day.

Moro United tried several times to score past watertight defence marshaled by Juma Kaseja, Kelvin Yondani and Juma Nyoso.

At the Chamazi Stadium the hosts were the first to shake Mtibwa Sugar’s nets through their most expensive striker Mrisho Ngasa as early as the opening minute.

Mtibwa were back into the game when Salum Swedi was on target after 18 minutes to draw level.

The scoreline stood up to the 88 minute of the game which was marred by the penalty boycott saga as Mtibwa Sugar’s striker Hussein Javu was sent off.


Juma Kaseja, Shomari Kapombe/Nassor Masoud, Amir Maftah, Juma Nyoso, Kelvin Yondani, Mwinyi Kazimoto, Haruna Moshi, Uhuru Suleiman/ Salum Machaku, Gervais Kargo/Felix Sunzu, Patric Masifango and Emmanuel Okwi,

Moro United:
Hashim Nzota, Rajab Zahor, Andrew Kasembe, Hilary Bingwa/Kelvin Charles , Meshack Abel, Salum Kanoni, Benedict Ngasa/Simon, Omar Gaye, Erick Mawala, Godfrey Wambura and George Mkoba.

0 Comments | Be the first to comment


No articles