A three-year-old child was rescued from the jaws of death by a team of firemen and neighbours after the house he was left sleeping in by his mother caught fire.
Police reports said the fire was caused by a burning candle, which the child's mother, Joyce Jacob had left burning at the child's bedside in the house located at Kigamboni Mjimwema B.
The Temeke regional police commander David Musiime told reporters that the accident happened on Monday at 21:00 hours in Joyce’s room.
“With the help of neighbours, and fire rescue team, the blaze was stopped and the child rescued. He was taken to Temeke Referral Hospital for treatment,” said the commander.
Meanwhile police have arrested seven people for allegedly possessing illegal brew (gongo) and marijuana in Kinondoni municipality.
The Kinondoni regional police commander Charles Kenyela confirmed the reports saying the incidents happened on July 23, (Monday ) between 20.00 and 22:00 hours at Tegeta and Mabibo areas in Kinondoni .
He said police on their special patrol caught the suspects with four packages, thirty two (32) pellets of marijuana plus 25 litres of gongo.
The suspects are Simon Joseph (24), Oscar Maleto (22), Yahaya Matimbwa (27) and two others from Tegeta who had four packages, 32 dices of marijuana and 10 litres of gongo, while Idd Salum (18) and Jumanne Jongo from Mabibo had 15 litres of the illegal drink.