Owning more than 1,000 acres in Arumeru and Arusha rural districts, the National Housing Corporation has expressed its interest of establishing satellite cities in two districts.
NHC Managing Director, Nehemia Mchechu, revealed the plans during the launch of the Levolosi new residential apartments. He explained that the idea behind establishing the satellite cities is to complement the rapidly growing tour hub, Arusha.
Already, contractor has been sourced to undertake the giant project which is expected to consume a colossal amount of money and upon completion the proposed cities would completely change the entire panorama of Arusha.
“…we also own 600 acres in the Burka area of Arusha and another 300 acres in Arumeru district all of which will serve for the two proposed satellite cities whose feasibility studies have already been undertaken…” Mchechu revealed.
The official noted that NHC also plans to build a total of 15,000 housing units countrywide with 70 per cent of these to be put up for sale and the remaining 30 per cent to be leased.