Kibaha District Commissioner Halima Kihemba has ordered the District Executive Officer, Tatu Selemani, to furnish her with a report on the controversial plots at Disunyara area.
The order comes amid complaints that the district land office at Kibaha has not issued plots to applicants who have already paid 6m/- each to the district council.
“I have asked for the report from the DED and by Thursday (today), it will be on my desk,” she said stating that Kibaha has of late become a hot-spot for land disputes.
More than 200 plots have been surveyed in the area, but the potential developers have not yet been shown their land.
Lands Department officers at Kibaha and another with Ardhi Plan – the company contracted to survey the area, on behalf of the district have of late remained mum over the issue, accusing the media of being “over inquisitive.”
Ardhi Plan boss Gombo Samandito told this reporter over the phone that he was not going to cooperate with the reporter anymore, saying he was “fed-up.”
News are rife in Kibaha municipality and its vicinity that the whole exercise of surveying and allocation of the controversial plots at Disunyara would be repeated.
The land dispute started brewing up two weeks ago when developers expressed fear after officials of the Land Division in the district failed to show the plots they had paid for.
The potential developers had paid the money for the plots since October last year.
It was in mid this month when the allocation of the plots started, albeit with hitches including the absence of beacons on many of the surveyed areas.
The Acting District Land, Natural Resources and Environment Officer, Frank Mwalembe had earlier confirmed that more that 175 plots have so far been surveyed in Disunyara area.
When summoned at the DED’s office the officer admitted that the whole process of issuing and allocating of plots was without hitches.